Thursday, June 27, 2013

Scrapbook Boutique Challenge





I love the stamp I have used on this card. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about it. I purchased it in a "Grab Bag" of assorted stamps online somewhere. As soon as I saw the theme for the challenge this month on the Scrapbook Boutique Blog I knew she was just perfect.
The background stamp is from Hero Arts and the flower and flourish were cut using the Silhouette Cameo.
When I thought I had finished it didn't look quite right (too much white space) so rather than pulling it all apart to redo I thought I would try splattering a bit of red ink over the excess white areas to soften the look. It was a nerve racking experience at the time (grin) but I think it turned out ok.
This is the photo we had as inspiration.










7 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is so elegant and amn awesome take on the photo inspiration.
    {I would love you to take part in my 600 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your card your lady is so elegant & the spatters are great. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a funky design, the newspaper background is perfect!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Scrapbook Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks awesome Sharyn! Love the spatters - they do a great job of breaking up the white and that is a stunning image using these colours. Good luck in the SB June challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Sharyn this is absolutely gorgeous. I really should use my silhouette more :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect stamp. The card is stunning.
    Thanks for joining us at Scrapbook boutique

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the splashes of colour! you are really brave doing it after you finished your card!!! Thank you so much for joining in and sharing with us at Scrapbook Boutique for our June challenge x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I love to read them all.